Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Adventures in Daddyland: Days 16 - 20

Due to my current hectic schedule, I am unable to update daily. As Murphy's Law would dictate, life would get more complicated as the travel date draws closer.

Day 16:
Yesterday, towards the evening was walking around like a zombie due to a whole day of meetings and running around town, and even had a second cuppa at 6 pm, to no avail. It was pretty much on the go from 6 am onwards till about 940 pm when I finally got into the floor.

I had a series of meetings, in between which I had to make a detour back to Clementi to pick up the car. Another reason why I let you drive, but I do bitch about having to get wet and walk under the hot sun.

J1 thought she had her wushu test, but turned out to be a false alarm for her, but some of the other kids did have their exams. I think it's because she just signed up and the rest may have been from last year.

J3 for once, did not cry when she went to take her bath and to school. My mom thinks its because she got a "new" dress to wear yesterday. We'll see her in action today to see if it's a once off or the tide is turning.

j2 was OK as usual, and I took both J1 and J2 out to cycle in the evening before I realized that she had her speech and drama, so that was cut short, and also the 2 of them argued. I think more J1 took offense to something J2 did and took off running, and then J2 came and ask where was J1 oblivious to fact that J1 was upset.

Anyways by the time her class time, I was really shagged, and when I took her home, she started to whine about not bringing her milk. But she has learnt not to whine when I am tired.

Also another issue cropped up. J2's school will be having a mother's day outing, and with the mom not around, I wonder how J2 will react. I think I am just being overprotective, but we will see how the drama pans out.

We got home in time to do a story, and J1 was waiting on the computer for you to call, but had to set her right that you are working and that you'd call on the weekend. So this weekend, you better wait for us to get back from our swimming tests and talk to them.

Day 17:
Just sent J1 to school and I think this is the earliest we have ever left for school 635 am. So when we got there, none of her buddies were there yet, and I sat with her until Esther came by and then I left both of them alone, since I'll be like the lamp-post. No problems in the morning, and the same lately.

Also she scored 3 x 100 and 1 x 98 for her ting xie, so she has put in her hard work and I think deserves a small treat. Mrs lee also called to say that she has passed the syllabus and worksheet from the time we are away. Additional stuff will be provided by Kah Yuen. Also J1 may get to sit for her SA1 together with everyone else as the exams were slated to happen the week of our departure. So we will see and keep her on her toes.

J2 as usual had little problems. Seems to be eating better. She's still wet at night, so I guess we will have to bring with us her diapers. 

J3 in the morning was fine, but I think she has regressed again. Last afternoon, again she didn't want to take her cat nap and was energetic, so we went for a walk and J2 and J3 wanted to go swim (my mom had also gone for her exercise as no kids around) , so left J1 at Jasmine's and took 2 and 3 down. All were ok, until we got up when 3's adrenaline wore out and she was a terror all night long. Nearly gave her one good smack. This morning, more of the same as she's yelling for poh poh.

Day 18:
Thankfully Friday did not have much problems. 

J1 went to school early and did not have any problems waking up as did J2 and J3.

Today being the last day of the school week, decided to be more relaxed with the kids and took them down for a quick walk and run, but most off all to keep them off the pool in preparation of the nassa test tomorrow.

J2 is still a bit apprehensive on her bronze test, and I have told her it was a practice session in a new pool with other students, and she seemed to calm down a bit after that.

Day 19:
This is the big day, J1 is sitting for her Silver medallion (at 7+ years old) and J2 for her bronze (at 5 yo)

Morning was relaxed and did some packing for the big trip in a months time. And got the kids to eat their lunch early and then got prepped to go to Queenstown for the test. The swimming coach, uncle saw took a ride with us, which was good as it made the girls a bit more relaxed.

As j1 got ready for her silver, I spoke with Mr saw that J2 was a bit apprehensive, and being the experienced coach that he is, he took J2 down to the pool to get her to warm up and just get relaxed with the pool and water. THis worked out great as she didn't want to get up after that.

J1 as usualy breezed through her silver although she kept muddling with her cap as it was threatening to slide off, so that slowed her down, but overall, she was great.

Now for the biggie and J2 was quite excited to get it going and get it over and done. She was the shortest of the group, which is unusual because she's the tallest in her age group, and this goes to show that she was indeed the youngest of the bunch.

As expected she didn't swim the fastest and had a bit of trouble with the float making part, but mr saw went to give her encouragement and she got it done.

In fact, I am so proud of her as part of the exam was to dive to the bottom of the pool and the examiner pick her as an example to 2 older boys on how it should be done.

I had a series of videos taken from my phone and this was quickly uploaded to youtube for the mom to see. the mom had a running commentary on skype/fring so she was virtually in the thick of things as well.. almost like live blogging.

Day 20:
Was a bad day as I had a lot of trouble sleeping.

So through the day I was in a bad mood, and the kids got to skype with the mom.

Worked a bit more on the holiday itinerary, but that is all about what I want to say about sunday.








No comments: