Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adventures in Daddyland: Day 5

Yesterday was an OK day. Managed to get my work done, but sometimes quite frustrating because too many preconditions before a deal goes through.

Had a long chat with a colleague in the us. Our old man is down again with health problems, so a lot of the plans has stalled. My colleague, J, also threw some ideas into the lot on how do we make our money independently on our own, and it seems that we may move into an incubator mode, which is great because i'm also putting together my thoughts on this.

So more work without promise of delivery, but at least gotta try.

The kids came back and immediately, J2 chucked out her lunch. Not sure why, but she just complained of stomach ache. She chucked in the toilet so she's able to tell and control better now (not tha it makes it any better).

J1 came back to complete her homework and by the time she finished, it was time to take J2 down to the pool and J1 wanted to follow. So they were playing with Su, and suddenly after I myself got changed, J1 was sulking on the bed, crying its not fair. So not knowing head or tail, I gave her a lecture to get off her attitude problem and if she wants to go swim get changed.

She was still sulking at the pool and so I sat with her to talk to her. Evidently multitude of problems at home and at shcool
1) She got upset with Su and J2 because they were a team, and she was alone. So I told her the mathematical truth about a 3 pax and 2 team.
2) Then it emerged that her buddies at school (namely Y, N and E) all prefer to go library during their recess and she is unable to follow because she has not finished her recess food. So then I suggested she eat faster, and also how's the other finish their recess food so quickly and she said they don't. Asked some more if J1 didn't go find them in the library, and she said she did but couldn't find them. So today's suggestion was to asked the girls where'd they be in the library so that she could join them after fnishing her food.
3) JJ is now her partner, and pokes fun at her. Marks her worksheet wrong althought she got it right, cheekily did not wan to sign when the teacher is not looking and all. So all suggestions, from fighting back to ignoring JJ will not work with our brittle princess, so I just told her off. I just told her that until she gives me a solution about what to do with her, I will not go talk to Mrs Lee because all solutions provided by her dear father does not work by her standards, and so if everyone was the problem, then she needs to decide what to do with herself.

Finally, I got sick and tired to deal with her complaints and really told her off, to the point that she can sulk thru school and uni and work, and if she thinks school's bad now, she'll really suffer during uni and work. And moreover, if she continues to sulk over the littlest of things, all her friends will not want to be her friends anymore.

I think she needs to go for positive reinforcement sessions, role play or something like that. I wonder to myself, how'd she become this way? I was never like this, and neither was her mom.

J2 had a good swim as mr saw just had her do laps. in total I think she did close to 12 - 15 laps (kiddie lap count) which was pretty good for a small fart like her.

After class, J1 (by this time had gotten over her sulk; she was swimming alone in the small pool) and J2 were playing with saki and her cuz, so a bit of happiness came back to j1.

J3 as usual cried when she got to the school. But otherwise was ok when she got home. But didn;t go swim because of her just recovered sickness. Plus she was asleep when we all went down to the pool.

Dinner was quite painless as J2 was famished as was J1 (is she ever not??). We watched the chopped version of HSM3 after dinner and then mom decided to skype but had to cut short the skype to send the kids off to bed by 9. The water was nice, so shooed my mom down for her exercise. She got back after the kids were changed, so J3 was with me in bed with J1 and J2 for a bit of bed time reading.

Set the temp at 26, so the kids were quite comfortable. THen in the middle of the night, J1 had her nightmare. And I was too tired to bother, so told her to say a prayer and go to sleep. I dunno how long she stayed awake, but I know I went to sleep. Then my alarm was either not switched off or had accidently been switched off, so woke up only at 645. Then the usual lah. J1 waslike didn't want to get up, and when I told her I was late, she then went into why are you late, i want to go to school by 7 mode. There's just no winning with this girl!

*J3 is outside now throwing a mega tantrum about going to school* let's hope she gets out of this funk by primary school or we'll have 2x trouble.

Hopefully today will look cheerier!

No comments: