Thursday, April 2, 2009

Adventures in daddy land: Day 6

Yesterday there was not much problem with J1; last night or this morning. We had set her alarm as well as mine, so there's a safety net. In fact her alarm went off  before mine, but didn't wake her up until I was about ready.

And when I did wake her up, no problems. She was quite a happy camper this morning, so I think her mom's analysis about her letting off at home could be spot on. In fact, my mom has said that she's always a happy kid in school when my mom's there on weds and also after changing to her wushu clothes, she's off like a rocket.

J2 was wet again this morning, so we will try again tonight. not sure if its a push back for their mom being away, but will try again tonight with su's suggestion of drinking her milk at 8 pm, and see what happens. Last night j2 had her milk on the way back from the chinese speech and drama. speaking of that, her term is coming up ad the second term's fees are due on like 22/4. However the term starts early may and ends sometime in august, so the girl at the counter has recommended we skip term 2 and then come back for term 3. the usual teacher is not around, so will wait and inform her that we will be away from may to august, rejoin in term 3.

J3 again was crying when it came time to go to school. I think it's because of that oldish chinese teacher so shouts at the kids, so not as nurturing as WC. So sent her to school by car today and she was going the entire trip and even after i dropped her off. dared not wish her goodbye! She knocked off at 6 pm last night for a 20 min nap and didn;t go to sleep until close to midnight. my mom was trying to get her to sleep all afternoon but no luck, until 6 pm.

As for myself, I think I am sinking into a depression. All the effort, and all the high hurdles to hop through just makes me think if all the effort is worthwhile. I keep seeing potential job openings that could be a fit, but due to circumstances, I am unable to apply, which makes it doubly frustrating.

There was one today which may fit, but I worry if I'll bust my chances if they ask for a start date, and the earliest I can do is September, which is like 6 months away. Perhaps a 6 month notice period?

Anyways, life goes on.

No comments: