Thursday, April 9, 2009

Adventures in Daddyland: Day 11

yesterday was a bit of a challenge. J1 came home early due to ear pains, so luckily we managed to get her mom on skype so kinda sorted the problem out. We dug up 7 years of ear wax from both her ears, and boy, I was shocked! I hate to imagine how much ear wax I have in my own ears.

J1 was quite open to the whole solution thing and the water spray which she said was ticklish rather than painful. And then my mom spotted some parts of her brain wanting to come out, and plus my bro had given my dad one of those scoops (plastic this time) attached to a light bulb (LED to be exact) so it can shine into the canal, and part of the brain was jussst about to come out.

So ended digging it out plus a bit more. And then asked whether she wanted to treat the other side, and since she had quite a good experience, she said OK. So that was from both ears. She still said it hurt, but more towards the outside of the ear rather than the canal itself.

And yes, no more bringing this up with J2, but I will bring the solution with me since I have a brand new one, JIC.

J1 was good in waking up. Our alarms go off almost simultaneously now, so not really a problem plus she now eats her own breaky while I do my morning business.

Oh update, Uncle saw has passed the bronze and silver medallion forms to J1. The test is on April 18, which is 10 days away. I think J1 can do it, but will need to seek the counsel of Uncle Saw to see if J2 is ready. She can do it, just takes a bit longer than the others. So worried that she might be a bit freaked out if she's the last, plus you know how competitive she is.

The night before was a bit restless as before that, J1 complained it was too cold, so ended with my shuffling between 25 and 26 the entire night, and a lot of restlessness with the kids. So had a chat and asked if they'd prefer it cold or hot? Luckily both came back as cold (as opposed to the usual because you say this, i must say that). So last night, settled back to 25, and no problems.

I am slowly trying to psycho J3 into going Wee Care, but I think after the initial apprehension, she will be OK. I spoke with her, which tumbling about in bed with J2 as well, and the first thing she said was that she didn't want to go wee care because the teachers would scold her. So I don't think that shouting teacher at EB does not help make her want to go school more. So I think the lovey dovey environment at WC would suit her nicely, and also plus they emphasize learning thru play (emphasizing on play!)

But the long term problem is another J1 problem once she graduates to primary school.

Oh, I also met the teacher from j2 speech and drama, and he spoke to me to remind me about the fees, and explained the whole lot to him, but he's no in charge anwyays. But he said that J2 is making an effort to learn and participate, which is good. I said I couldn't speak, but too old to join his class.

It's been quite an experience having all 3 at the same time, and luckily my mom is handling J3 since she's the most tempermental. 


No comments: