Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A case of out of the frying pan and into boiling water.

My notebook running vista had just given me the blue screen. It was reliably giving the blue screen on a daily basis for the past week!

So today i decided to take the plunge to install ubuntu and hopefully no more blue screen.

Well was i wrong! I set out to have it dual boot, but ended up only being able to boot in ubuntu. My limited knowledge of linux and ubuntu did not help, but i like the UI, and hopefully the stability.

Luckily i backed up my key files, and am prepared to spalsh money on xp home, but i feel a need to solve the problem or give it a whack first. Call it the engineer in me, (or a sucker).

Am enlisting a friend's help but for now will have to work on the desktop while i figure out the notebook problem.

Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the pot!

Sent from my Nokia phone

No comments: