Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Veredus Labs

For the very few times I watched the telly at night, I managed to catch a short snippet of the new flu test kit that was the culmination of effort between Veredus Labs and ST Microelectronics.

In short, what they have done is to put together their expertise in developing diagnostic kits using known genetic markers, and coupled with the use of bioelectronics from STM, and VIOLA!!! lab tests with a 2 week turnaround time (and what more how many other people infected while waiting for the test results) can now be done within 2 hours.

While not in the biomedical sector, I have had the opportunity to meet up with the tenacious lady who is the CEO of the company, and I must say that she is one of those entrepreneurs who will bet the house to make sure her company succeeds.

In fact, anecdotally, I was told that she traveled for business meetings within like 2 weeks of giving birth to her child. WOW! That to me is an indication on how tenacious she is. One could see it as good (committed CEO) or bad (founder unable to let go), but at this stage, her attitude is definitely a big plus for the company.

My congratulations to her, and I certainly hope that it will be a successful product as I definitely believe we will come to use it at one stage, especially with the recent flu scare in Hong Kong and the potential of H5N1 mutating to cross human to human.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Hei buddy! Penang is looking for investors. Do share some of the good thoughts about this little island. ya?