Thursday, December 7, 2006

James Kim and the Shrinkng World

This is a bit of my usual topic of discussion, but I felt it was important for me to blog this.

Today I learnt, sadly, that the CNET editor, and more importantly father to 2, James Kim was found not to be alive after getting lost with his family during the Thansgiving break.

My heart goes out to the Kim family for their loss.

Why do I fell compelled to blog about James and not others? I really don't know why?

Perhaps it was because he and I were born on the same year.

Perhaps it was because he and I were fathers.

Perhaps it was because he and I were fathers to lovely girls.

Perhaps it was because he and I have as our youngest to be below 1 year old.

Perhaps it was because I felt the as I, he had so much more to live for.

But alas, it was not to be for him.

But 10 years ago, I would not have known who was James Kim, or that he had passed on. But this goes to show the power of the internet and the continually shrinking world around us. The power of Information Technology where there is no longer any time lag for news to occur, when a news item from point A could be picked up in an instant on the other side of the Earth.

My condolences go out to the Kim family and those who knew him.

No comments: